Who is Apostle Paul?

June 4, 2009

Jhun Labnas


Why was Saul?s life changed? This question was once asked by Pastor Joseph last Friday, 29th of May. I was wondering why? I keep on thinking what the reason was. I never had an idea about it. Then Julie rings a bell for me to remember that our church activity is all about film viewing on the life of Saul of Tarsus.


Saul of Tarsus unloved Christians. He dedicated his own life to take into custody all those who worship and believe Jesus Christ then bring them to public trial and execution. He was then accompanied by his closest friend named Ruben for all the execution and trials against Christians. One day, Stephen the first Christian martyr was killed by the crowd because he was caught in the act preaching the word of God in the public. Ruben gave Saul the last stone in order for him to execute the final step for Stephen. But he refused instead he dropped it and never had he made any move until the stoning is over.


After the event on Stephen?s martyrdom, Saul resumed on finding people who believed on Jesus all across Jerusalem.


He was then given order by King Herod to travel towards Damascus to stop the spread of the Gospel by way of persecuting all Christians. But something happened to Saul as he traveled to Damascus in search of Christians. God appeared to him in an unexpected way and confronted him on the persecution he is doing to Christians. He also blinded him for 3 days. To shorten it here are the Bible verses where, when, who, what and how this event took place.


Acts 7.57 to 8:1 ?They all rushed at him (Stephen), dragged him out of the city and began to stone him. Meanwhile, the witnesses laid their clothes at the feet of a young man named Saul. . . . And Saul was there, giving approval to his death?



Acts 8:3 ?Saul began to destroy the church, going from house to house, he dragged off men and women and put them in prison?



Acts 22:4-5 "I persecuted the followers of this Way to their death, arresting both men and women and throwing them into prison, as also the high priest and all the Council can testify. I even obtained letters from them to their brothers in Damascus, and went there to bring these people as prisoners to Jerusalem to be punished"



Acts 22:6-11 ?About noon as I came near Damascus, suddenly a bright light from heaven flashed around me. I fell to the ground and heard a voice say to me, `Saul! Saul! Why do you persecute me?' ?`Who are you, Lord?' I asked. "`I am Jesus of Nazareth, whom you are persecuting,' he replied. My companions saw the light, but they did not understand the voice of him who was speaking to me. ?`What shall I do, Lord?' I asked. ?`Get up,' the Lord said, `and go into Damascus. There you will be told all that you have been assigned to do.' My companions led me by the hand into Damascus, because the brilliance of the light had blinded me"



Acts 22:3. Under Gamaliel I was thoroughly trained in the law of our fathers and was just as zealous for God as any of you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving your message..

  © G.U.L.F. Herald Official Website "Mission Is The Heatbeat Of God" 2009 - 2012

Back to TOP