PICNIC! AGAIN!

May 9, 2009
Rebbie Samidan


One Friday just after the service, I was browsing the first issue of the GULF Herald newsletter. Looking at the pictures posted with each article, I felt joy in my heart as I see smiles in faces of fellow believers around me. Then I thought it?s been a long time when we last had an outing. Suddenly I said, ?Hey, let?s have a picnic!? and everybody reacted with ?Yes! Where? When??


Four months ago when we had a picnic at Creek Park, it was remembered to have an attendance of 26 people. It was a start to reach out to friends who are busy at work and has forgotten about having fun and of course most importantly to show the love of God.


May 8 at 7:00 in the morning each one was getting ready to go to Jumeirah Beach Park for the picnic. On arrival, we had breakfast while waiting for the others to arrive. It was about 10 A.M. when we started the fellowship. Our activity was led by Pastor Joseph wherein we debated on the topic, ?The way you see your life shapes your life.? derived from Rick Warren?s book The Purpose Driven Life which we are also studying once a month. At the end, Pastor explained that we should shape our life in God?s view and in constant prayer.


After a few minutes of having lunch, we proceeded with the games facilitated by Sheryl and Jeff wherein everybody participated. I myself did not expect that I am going to have fun that day. The park was filled with ?loud? laughter and smiles were pasted in everybody?s face.


It was really a good thing that we fellowshipped in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ and I know in my heart that it was not an accident that we were together that day. As it says in the Bible in Romans 8:28, "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving your message..

  © G.U.L.F. Herald Official Website "Mission Is The Heatbeat Of God" 2009 - 2012

Back to TOP